VBrick today announced seamless integration of its Rev enterprise video platform with Acano’s new Acano Recorder that enables automated ingest of any Acano recordings, including Skype for Business, WebRTC, Polycom, and legacy video systems. Once in the Rev enterprise video cloud, authenticated viewers can easily search through meeting transcripts for relevant content, and share them with others through Spark rooms, content management systems and websites.
The integration is the newest outcome of the year-old VBrick and Cisco partnership, launched when Cisco chose Rev as its enterprise video platform, replacing Cisco Show and Share. Since then, the companies have announced a number of integrations that bring highly scalable Rev cloud-based live and recording streaming video capabilities to users of Cisco collaboration products, including Cisco TelePresence, Cisco Spark, Cisco WebEx and Cisco Jabber. Today, the companies have nearly 100 joint customers, many of whom have newly adopted Rev in addition to those who have migrated from Show and Share.
“Progressive enterprises realize video’s superior ability to connect with, educate and motivate remote audiences but technology challenges have prevented them from offering it ubiquitously,” said Shelly Heiden, CEO of VBrick. “Our collaboration with Cisco removes barriers between the world’s most widely used video and web conferencing technology and the industry’s most advanced enterprise streaming video platform.
“Today’s integration with Acano brings these capabilities to yet another group of Cisco users who will also realize the benefits of globally scalable, pristine streaming video and Hulu/Netflix-like experiences for employees,” Heiden said.
The Rev integrations enable Cisco customers to unleash a multitude of video-enhanced productivity workflows, including the ability to:
- Automatically ingest Acano Record files into the Rev portal where they can be organized, searched, displayed and viewed by anyone in an organization or automatically posted into Spark rooms;
- Enable Cisco Spark users in team rooms to bring in Rev live or recorded videos, in addition to chat, calling, messaging, video conferencing, documents and web links, into any Spark discussion;
- Seamlessly ingest captured VC meetings from the Cisco TelePresence Content Server (TCS) into Rev’s gorgeous, modern video portal where they can be securely and scalably shared across the organization;
- Convert any Cisco endpoint into an HD webcasting studio using Rev and TCS for company-wide executive broadcasts;
- Enable Cisco WebEx users to easily ingest and transcode WebEx CMR recordings and publish them for only specific users to see or to public websites for playback on multiple devices and browsers;
- Capture and upload Cisco Jabber meetings into the Rev ‘enterprise YouTube’ portal to enable subject matter experts to publish from the desktop.
The Acano integration is the latest development in VBrick’s strategy to enable cloud-based recording and sharing of video from the most widely used video sources, including video conferencing, professional-grade cameras, operational cameras, desktop video capture, encoders and any device outputting standards-based live video streams or recordings. Integration with Acano Record is planned for commercial release this summer, with additional metadata integration capabilities planned early in Q4.