Create and Manage API Keys
API keys are necessary to invoke OAuth for user authentication. API keys and credentials can easily be found in Rev admin by following these steps:
- Log in to Rev with an Account Admin user account
- Navigate to admin (gear icon in the top right corner)
- Click on System Settings > API Keys
- Click on Add Key and enter the following fields
- Name = user friendly name, only used in Rev admin
- Key = API Key (will be referenced elsewhere, choose something secure)
- Redirect URI = Web address that your app will redirect users to after a successful authentication. This will accept multiple redirect URI’s that are separated by a new line in the form field.
- Click Save
Once saved, Rev will also generate a Secret to be associated with this API key. These fields will be referenced in the OAuth workflow for authentication.